Wednesday, August 15, 2007

uncertainties...

there are a lot of uncertainties at the moment. a number of choices. all are tempting. all with uncertainties. some aspects are downright frightening!

i do not doubt my own capabilities (how about that for confidence?? too much?? misplaced??? ... anyways..), i do not doubt my ability to adapt, but i sometimes wonder (nowadays, a lot of the times i am wondering) if there are somethings that i might not be able to control in time to come?

then i tot, life is too short to consider those uncertainties. managed when the time comes? but then again, if it is foreseen, and yet i proceed... wouldn't that be a little bit on the stupid side?

it's like being in a jungle, seeing a nice clean pool, thinking should i jump into it? all signs are screaming mirage!!! don't jump!!! it's a pool of quicksand!!! and me being either stupid or overly optimistic, think, what if it's really a pool? life's too short. play hard?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take the most appealing choice of all if you choose to take a choice. The heart and the brain sometimes do really conflict on this; the heart being the wandering one, willing to try out everything and anything while the brain is the one keeping everything else grounded to earth.

Anonymous said...

i often find myself in a situation as yourself... but i guess i'll go with whatever i feel (and yes the brains always clashes with the heart)... so i'll leave you with something that helps me make decisions :)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Whoo what a ride!""

pohchin said...

jump into the pool?? :)

tengkiu for words of advise...

Anonymous said...

Most of the time, fear is generated from fear itself, if you dont try, you wont know whats the outcome. Predictions remains predictions, assumptions remains assumptions, take the chance, as said life is short therefore opportunities are little. Follow the slogans on t-shirts: Just do it, No fear!! :0

Anonymous said...

I reckon that I have this 'wandering' feeling much often ever since I feel that Im getting old. In my opinion, I will have all these wanderings because my courage is getting lesser when my age is catching up. The older I grow, there are more fears in me. So I have to constantly remind myself that, yea..like the anonymous said: Just do it, NO fear!

-3rd anonymous-