Sunday, August 05, 2007

searching

CM said (not in her exact words, but something to that effect!)....

...it's good to search. but you must search with a sense of peace. otherwise there will be negative effects, worry which will turn into desperation which may then manifest into depression... you must believe that everything will fall into place...

which is true. many are still searching. for the right job. right mate. and because life is so uncertain. we don't know how much time we have. we don't know if we are ever doing the right thing. i suppose it would be great if we all believe that everything will fall into place. that we are suppose to be doing all that we are doing. that we are suppose to go through all that we go through. so that we are ready for whatever it is we are suppose to be doing later. i suppose that would give a sense of peace.

i guess those who continuously search would be wondering if there is such thing as the best. or would the search be futile. cm says that if it is not time to search, you wouldn't feel like moving. but when you feel like moving, it is just time! and sometimes, when you are triggered to search. it might not come to you immediately. so if there is no peace, worry would set in. because you don't know how much time is left. then helplessness because no matter what you try, it just doesn't seem right. desperation because it feels like time is running out faster and faster. desperation because everybody else seems to know what they are doing. depression because you give up.

so, find the peace. by believing that everything you decide to do is the very thing you are suppose to do... in preparation for what you will be doing.

so wise ler my friend...



cm : teng kiu~! for making time to see me. for taking time to analyse. for the warning... for the advise. for being there! you da best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are RIGHT!!! I'm just being desperate...being depressed..haizz Don't think I'm at the right timing now.. :-s

Anonymous said...

An interesting story i heard to contribute to your topic of searching...
_____________________
Young people ask me: what is love all about?

I don't know the answer myself, so I can only give the answer provided by Plato.

One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?"

His teacher answered, "There is a vast wheat field in front. Walk forward without turning back, and pick only one stalk. If you find the most magnificent stalk, then you have found love."

Plato walked forward, and before long, he returned with empty hands. Having picked nothing.

His teacher asked, "Why did you not pick any stalk?"

Plato answered, "Because I could only pick once, and yet I could not turn back. I did find the most magnificent stalk, but did not know if there were any better ones ahead, so I did not pick it. As I walked futher, the stalks that I saw were not as good as the earlier one, so I did not pick any in the end."

His teacher then said, "And that is love."

On another day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is marriage? How can I find it?"

His teacher answered, "There is a thriving forest in front. Walk forward without turning back, and chop down only one tree. If you find the tallest tree, then you have found love."

Plato walked forward, and before long, he returned with a tree. The tree was not thriving, and it was not tall either. It was only an ordinary tree.

His teacher asked, "Why did you chop down such an ordinary tree?"

Plato answered, "Because of my previous experience. I walked halfway through the forest, but returned with empty hands. This time, I saw this tree, and I felt that it was not bad, so I chopped it down and brought it back. I did not want to miss the opportunity."

His teacher then said, "And that is marriage."


Food for thought ..
Mel

pohchin said...

one comment on career, one comment on love & marriage.

interesting analogy for love and marriage... but i suppose some ppl know it's not about picking the best, but about making the best out of what one picked... yes?